Monday, September 7, 2015

Journal Entry: May 22,2015

Today's the day the remake to my favorite horror movie growing up, Poltergeist, hits theaters, so naturally I go up to White Plains to the City Center's theater on the top floor and see the 7PM showing of the movie. I meet with my friend,Anthony in Wal-Mart just before I go see the movie. Naturally, I daydream about my future children since I get the name for my daughter, Carol Anne, from the 1982 original movie. Obviously they upgrade the story a little and though the movie has its moments of jump-scares and scariness and gore,the original still was better as usually is the case with originals compared to remakes/reboots. I just relish the fact that I finally got to see a Poltergeist movie in theaters after missing out on the original trilogy because they were all in the 1980's (1982, 1986 and 1988), when I was too young to be going to the movies to see such fare.

No comments:

Post a Comment